Posted to commits@jackrabbit.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/08/07 14:08:26 UTC

[Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "QuestionsAndAnswers" by StefanoEmilioCampanini

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jackrabbit Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by StefanoEmilioCampanini:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/QuestionsAndAnswers

  '''Answer:''' The JAAS configuration is no longer required for simple deployments. Starting from Apache Jackrabbit version 1.0 you do not need to set the JAAS login configuration options unless you want to override the default settings. See [http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-351 JCR-351] for the background and resolution of this issue.

+ '''Quastion:'''
+ Thank you for the response.
+ I have understood, that I have to use "TransientRepository" in place of "Repository" for omit the JAAS configuration. Is it true ?
+
+ What are others differences (advantages/disavantages) of using "TransientRepository" in place of "Repository" implmentation ?
  --------

+ == Supported operations ==
+ '''Quastions:'''
+
+ 1. I have saw that NamespaceRegistry.unregisterNamespace(..) is not supported. Is this feature planned in next releases ? Or there are other ways to change a namespace URI of a registered namespace ?
+
+ 2. Also, I have saw that the Xpath function "contains" is not supported: '''javax.jcr.query.InvalidQueryException: Unsupported function: contains'''.
+ There is a way for searching (full-text keyword search) into a value of a named property over all the workspace ?
+
+ There is a way for accessing, bypassing JCR pure std api, at lucene Index ?
+