Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Michele Amoretti <am...@ce.unipr.it> on 2006/11/03 09:20:39 UTC

for admins: mailing list like spam

Hi,

why not to put a [LUCENE USER] automatic tag at the beginning of
e-mails subjects?

It will make mails list more easy to read (I am using gmail and I do
not have client-side filters).

--
Michele Amoretti, Ph.D.
Distributed Systems Group

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 11/3/06, Patrick Turcotte <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > It will make mails list more easy to read (I am using gmail and I do
> > not have client-side filters).
>

> That is not true.
>
> You can have labels, and, if you look at the top of the page, right beside
> the  "Search the Web" button, you have a "create filter" link.

"Skip Inbox" is particularly important when doing this.

-Mike

Posted by Patrick Turcotte <pa...@gmail.com>.

> It will make mails list more easy to read (I am using gmail and I do
> not have client-side filters).

That is not true.

You can have labels, and, if you look at the top of the page, right beside
the  "Search the Web" button, you have a "create filter" link.

Patrick

Re: for admins: mailing list like spam

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Nov 3, 2006, at 3:20 AM, Michele Amoretti wrote:
> why not to put a [LUCENE USER] automatic tag at the beginning of
> e-mails subjects?

Because the To and Reply-to headers indicate the list.  All Apache e-
mail lists operate the same, and we are not going to change this
behavior.

	Erik