Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za> on 2007/06/07 12:17:11 UTC

Re: Developing Tomcat in NB

Excellent... thank you.
Just wanted to ask you if you think its at all possible to do this in
Netbeans 5.5
It seems to me that NB 6 has the ability to pick up on the ant scripts as
part of the project menu's, and thats what you doing, but I was wondering if
your ant scripts can be incorporated into NB5.5 in some other way?

I've done a very manual port and a restructuring of Tomcat6 on netbeans 5.5.
In other words, I literally moved the code by hand, and rebuilt the
dependency files the way I wanted it. I moved Tomcat to a semi embedded, but
still server environment, for want of a better description
http://coolese.100free.com/ and would like to add some ant script that moves
as easily as yours does, from Tomcat src, to the desired structure, but
still keep it at NB5.5

Thanks... very very nice... will grab NB6 as soon as its officially
released.