Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2002/10/21 22:17:55 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 3429 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_client trunk/subversion/clients/cmdline

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 01:12:10PM -0500, kfogel@tigris.org wrote:
> * subversion/libsvn_client/add.c
>   (svn_client_add): Don't wrap the error; the original error message
>   contains the path, without which the warning is quite obscure.
>   Having the original error be a child of the new error didn't help,
>   because the error eventually reaches svn_handle_warning, not
>   svn_handle_error.  Also, remove unnecessary parens and reformat to
>   80 columns.
> -  if ((kind == svn_node_dir) && (recursive))
> -    err = add_dir_recursive (path, adm_access, notify_func, notify_baton, pool);
> +  if ((kind == svn_node_dir) && recursive)

Heh. You didn't remove all the unnecessary parens :-)

/me continues to wonder why people think that == doesn't bind tighter than
&& or || ...  Maybe too many LISPers and they're trying to apply their
bad^H^H^HLISP habits to SVN...

:-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: svn commit: rev 3429 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_client trunk/subversion/clients/cmdline

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:

> /me continues to wonder why people think that == doesn't bind tighter than
> && or || ...  Maybe too many LISPers and they're trying to apply their
> bad^H^H^HLISP habits to SVN...

/me continues to wonder why some folks would rather write code that at
first glace might be confusing than add a couple of extra parens for
clarity...

:-)

Re: svn commit: rev 3429 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_client trunk/subversion/clients/cmdline

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
"Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net> writes:
> I thought that gratuitous parens were encouraged for svn:-)

They're encouraged by me, anyway.  On (apparently) controversial
topics like this one, I'll avoid the omnipotent passive voice,
however. :-)

Re: svn commit: rev 3429 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_client trunk/subversion/clients/cmdline

Posted by "Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net>.

> Heh. You didn't remove all the unnecessary parens :-)

Hey,
I thought that gratuitous parens were encouraged for svn:-)
gat

Re: svn commit: rev 3429 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_client trunk/subversion/clients/cmdline

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
> > +  if ((kind == svn_node_dir) && recursive)
>
> Heh. You didn't remove all the unnecessary parens :-)

The remaining ones are "necessary" for me to read quickly. :-)

> /me continues to wonder why people think that == doesn't bind tighter than
> && or || ...  Maybe too many LISPers and they're trying to apply their
> bad^H^H^HLISP habits to SVN...

I actually doubt anyone thinks "==" doesn't bind tightly enough, they
just don't want to *have* to think about it.  If your eye parses
s-expressions at the retinal level, it's preferable to leave the
parens. :-)