Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Sander, Stefan" <ss...@microstrategy.com> on 2003/08/18 16:18:49 UTC

FO 0.20.5 Table Layout problems

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing trouble when trying to create a table with FOP.

My first table column has a number-rows-spanned that is larger than the
number of rows fitting on a page. This leads to several problems:

1. The cell border is drawn across the page footer (does not end with the
last table-row on the page, but is drawn into nowhere if you have even more
rows)
2. The cell border for the (continued) first cell on the next page is
missing completely

3. An extra page is being added at the beginning of my document. (?!)

4. Some cells on the next page are shifted to the left (--> thanks to an
earlier newsgroup entry I was able to fix this by adding a
keep-together="always" attribute to each fo:table-row)

Please see the (anonymized ;-) example in the attachment. The first cell of
the first row spans two more rows than fit on the page.

If you remove two rows from the table and reduce the number-rows-spanned by
2 all weird symptoms disappear. (ok, then I get an extra page at the end,
but this is probably due to the extra fo:block at the end...)

Has anyone come across this (## 1, 2 & 3) and has found a way to fix it?

Many thanks,
Stefan

Re: FO 0.20.5 Table Layout problems

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Sander, Stefan wrote:
> My first table column has a number-rows-spanned that is larger than the
> number of rows fitting on a page. This leads to several problems:
> 1. The cell border is drawn across the page footer ...
> 2. The cell border for the (continued) first cell on the next page is
> missing completely

This is a known problem. No workaround, sorry. Just don't do it.

J.Pietschmann