Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Deepak Kumar <de...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/15 16:37:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Tuning question

Hi,
I am woking on upgrading Apache from very old version V2.0 to latest
V2.4.25 and have following Tuning question.

The old apache has been compiled with prefork MPM and has following tuning
values. I want to enable worker mpm in new apache. Could you please suggest
what should be the tuning values for worker mpm with respect to following..

ServerLimit     1024
<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers         5
MinSpareServers      5
MaxSpareServers     10
MaxClients         1024
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

I understand some parameters will change in Worker MPM as following.However
trying to find out what would be the best tuning values for worker MPM
based on above prefork tuning settings.

New worker MPM

ServerLimit
StartServers        5