Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Martin Bouman <M....@telecats.nl> on 2000/10/30 15:33:02 UTC

Generate XML from XML?

Hello everyone.

I have a small question.
Is it possible to generate a XML-file from another XML-file?
So that you can query the first XML and use that info in the second?
What tool(s) should I use and where can I find information(install, use,
etc.) on them ?

Thankx

Martin

Re: Generate XML from XML?

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <KP...@flagship.ru>.
What do you mean by generating XML from XML?
If you want to generate another XML file from the source XML, so the XSLT is
what you need. Its general task is to transform one XML to another.

If you need to generate an XML from the XML file itself, so you will need
XSP for that.

To include one XML data into another there are several approaches: you can
use XSLT's document() function, or some taglib's in Cocoon (FP, Util).

Regards,
  Konstantin Piroumian.