Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by chaoticinc <ja...@rogers.com> on 2007/06/05 00:20:58 UTC

REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT as 'true' causes client to hang

Hello,

I apologize if this problem is a repeat. I found nothing that I could relate
to as being the same issue.

I have a working Axis 2 version 1.2 client that I am now trying to make
reuse an HTTP connection.
If I set the REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT to false all is good and messages are sent
and retrieved, but when I set REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT to true I get two
connections made, two responses received and then the client hangs with the
top of the stack trace being:

Object.wait(long) line: not available [native method]
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.doGetConnection(HostConfiguration, long)
line: 509

I am guessing connections aren't returned to a pool for some reason. Is this
a known issue or am I doing something wrong? The following is the code
snippet.

		Options communicationOptions = new Options();
		communicationOptions.setTo( targetEPR );
		communicationOptions.setTransportInProtocol( Constants.TRANSPORT_HTTP );
		communicationOptions.setProperty( HTTPConstants.REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT, true );

		HttpClient httpClient = new HttpClient( new
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager() );
		ConfigurationContext context;
		try
		{
			context = ConfigurationContextFactory.
createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(null, null);
			context.setProperty( HTTPConstants.CACHED_HTTP_CLIENT, httpClient );
		}
		catch (AxisFault e)
		{
			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

Jayke

Re: REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT as 'true' causes client to hang

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Jayke,

you set the HTTPConstants.REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT property in the wrong place.
You should set it into the conf. context, not into the options.

Michele