Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de> on 2005/06/01 21:51:47 UTC

Re: Patch for JDO-1

Hi Michelle,

I would like to propose one more change in the context of JDO-1. Classes
FieldAccessModified and ImplementsPersistenceCapable now compile, but we
do not want to run the two classes as part of the TCK until they adapt
the JDO2 enhancement. Today the two classes are included in
test/conf/alltest.list, so they are executed and fail during runtck.

I propose to remove them from alltest.list and add them to a new file
called excludes.list. This is not yet the 'exclude list' feature,
because we need to remove the tests from the alltests.list until the
TestRunner reads the excludes.list file and excludes the tests
automatically.

If you agree I can make the change in the alltests.list and
excludes.list as a first step.

Regards Michael

> I have checked in this patch.  Thanks, Michael!  -- Michelle
>
> Michael Watzek wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> as decided in last t-conference I have prepared a patch for JIRA
>> JDO-1 (Enhancer tests don't compile). Please be aware that the patch
>> fixes the compilation problem. However, if you run the two enhancer
>> tests, they will fail due to the fact that the enhancer20 subproject
>> does not implement JDO2.
>>
>> You can apply the patch in the TCK20 directory using
>>
>> 0) patch -p0 < JDO-1.patch
>>
>> 1) "svn add
>> test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/enhancement/FieldAccessModified.java
>> test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/enhancement/ImplementsPersistenceCapable.java"
>>

>> 2) "rm
>> test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/enhancement/ImplementsPersistenceCapable.java.fix
>> test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/enhancement/FieldAccessModified.java.fix"
>>
>> 3) "svn remove
>> test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/enhancement/ImplementsPersistenceCapable.java.fix
>> test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/enhancement/FieldAccessModified.java.fix"
>>
>> Afterwards, a "svn status" in that directory prints:

>> test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/enhancement/ImplementsPersistenceCapable.java.fix
>>
>> A      test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/enhancement/FieldAccessModified.java
>> test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/enhancement/ImplementsPersistenceCapable.java

>> test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/enhancement/FieldAccessModified.java.fix
>> M      project.properties
>> M      maven.xml
>> M      project.xml
>>
>> Regards,
>> Michael

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin

Re: Patch for JDO-1

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de>.
Hi Michelle,

I created the file exclude.list under test/conf, added
FieldAccessModified, ImplementsPersistenceCapable and
PMsCanSharePCClassesButNotPCInstances to it and removed them from
alltest.list.

Regards Michael

Re: Patch for JDO-1

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.