Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vi...@comcast.net on 2003/09/12 19:01:13 UTC

ActionLink & getServiceParameters - mysterious results

I have used an ActionLink component in the following manner:

  <component id="DealerInfoLink" type="ActionLink">
    <binding name="listener" expression="listeners.linkToDealerInfo"/>
    <binding name="parameters" expression="currentSearchResult.dealerId"/>
  </component>

When I inspect the generated HTML, I see the following that the above generated:
<a
href="/AutoWise/app?service=action/1/DealerSearchResults/1/DealerSearchResults.DealerInfoLink"
parameters="2">Dealership Name:My Dealer ID:2a>

So far, so good.  The parameter for the ActionLink seems to work.

Now in the listener referenced above, I have the following code:
  public void linkToDealerInfo(IRequestCycle cycle) {
    AutowiseVisit visit;
    visit = (AutowiseVisit)this.getPage().getVisit();

    Object[] parameters = cycle.getServiceParameters();
    visit.setCurrentDealerID( (String) parameters[0]);
    cycle.activate("DealerInfo");
  }

This code does get executed, but the parameters variable always gets set to null
when I call getServiceParameters, so the reference to parameters[0] causes a
NullPointerException.

Any ideas?

Thanks much in advance!