Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Gary Malouf <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/10 00:45:39 UTC

Monitoring Mesos slave/master processes

We did this in the past with Nagios, but I was wondering if there was a
recommended way from others using in production.

Re: Monitoring Mesos slave/master processes

Posted by Tom Arnfeld <to...@duedil.com>.
We're monitoring the processes with M/Monit on each machine and pumping all the metrics to Graphite with https://github.com/rayrod2030/collectd-mesos.

--

Tom Arnfeld

Developer // DueDil

Posted by Billy Bones <ga...@gmail.com>.
Well, as we build our business on the "Failure is a feature" credo we don't
really have a really advanced notification system, but we use this instead:
https://github.com/AcalephStorage/consul-alerts

you can run it on a docker container, have fine configuration settings,
events handlers (built-in and customs) and it rely on consul KV Store for
the configuration.
Here we just have a docker container hosting a consul agent in client mode
and consul-alert on top of this consul agent to use the distributed KV and
don't rely on the master one.

Posted by Leigh Martell <le...@immun.io>.
Hey Gary,
  I just finished up setting up consul, you need to setup handlers. In my
case I used a project called consul-alerts, the advantage here is that it
hold the alerts state so if it is not cleared in x seconds it will than
alert your end point(ie: pagerduty).

Here is the link https://github.com/AcalephStorage/consul-alerts

Hope that helps!

-Leigh