Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Puskas Peter <pu...@freemail.hu> on 2010/01/22 13:45:45 UTC

backup databes problem

Hi,

I would like to backup derby databes. But I get this error:

Derby DB backup will be executed.
*The local depo is empty. Cannot create archive.
*
I call the backup like this :

             String query = CommonDbSqlStubs.backupDatabase;

             con = getConnection();

             stmt = new FsccPreparedStatement(con.prepareStatement("CALL
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE_AND_ENABLE_LOG_ARCHIVE_MODE(?, ?)"));

             stmt.setString(1, tempDirectory);
             stmt.setInteger(2, 1);
             stmt.execUpdateAndCheck("database backup failed");
             con.commit();

or :

             String query = CommonDbSqlStubs.backupDatabase;

             con = getConnection();

             stmt = new FsccPreparedStatement(con.prepareStatement("CALL
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE(?)"));

             stmt.setString(1, tempDirectory);
             stmt.execUpdateAndCheck("database backup failed");
             con.commit();

I could backuped database, but somthing happend and it is not working now.

I can not find the reason. If sombody know pleas let me know.

Thank you Peter

Re: backup databes problem

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> I would like to backup derby databes. But I get this error:
>
> *The local depo is empty. Cannot create archive.

That's not a Derby message. It must be coming from somewhere
in the backup tools and scripts that you have written yourself.

Perhaps you can search your source tree, and see where that
message is coming from, and that will give you some clues.

Alternatively, try running the backup command directly, using the
ij tool, and see if the script works that way. You can find the
Derby documentation about how to run the backup tools here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/adminguide/cadminhubbkup98797.html

thanks,

bryan