Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Ryan Withers <wi...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/04 15:33:14 UTC

Pull Request for NIFI-1693

To whom it may concern,

  I put up a draft pull request based on a suggestion from Brian Bende on a
very minor update to nifi. The pull request is here:
https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3388.  It is related to this JIRA
ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1693.  I still have a bit
more left to do but a friend of mine suggested getting feedback before
completing the story if it affects a large number of locations within the
codebase.

  This happens to be a relatively simple change that needs to be made in
many different locations.  This story was one of two recommended by Andy
Lopresto as a good place to get started.  I may have an alternative
approach that would avoid a lot of areas of implementation (perhaps even
centralizing it) but require all the tests and I may attempt that as a
refactor once I've completed the changes and required tests.

I'm very interested in any feedback and guidance the community may have.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

--
Ryan Withers
Senior Software Developer / Analyst

http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanwithers

Re: Pull Request for NIFI-1693

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ryan,

I recommend using the dev list exclusively instead of adding direct e-mails
as well.

In looking briefly at the PR I recommend removing changes not directly
related to the PR/discussion itself.  There are a ton of changes for
assertFalse to Assert.assertFalse for instance.  This creates a lot more to
look at and might discourage focusing on the core of your change.

Thanks