Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Chalmers <ro...@chalmers.com.au> on 2016/06/04 08:15:55 UTC

Why is Spamassassin not scoring these Fails

I’m trying to discover why T_SPF_TEMPERROR and the other below it are not scoring higher even though they are actually failing?

This is the part from a spam message that is sneaking through.

> 	*  0.0 T_SPF_TEMPERROR SPF: test of record failed (temperror)
> 	*  0.0 T_SPF_HELO_TEMPERROR SPF: test of HELO record failed (temperror)
> 	*  0.8 BAYES_50 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 40 to 60%
> 	*      [score: 0.4909]
> 	*  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
> 	*  0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily
> 	*      valid
> 	*  1.0 RDNS_DYNAMIC Delivered to internal network by host with
> 	*      dynamic-looking rDNS
> 	*  0.0 T_DKIM_INVALID DKIM-Signature header exists but is not valid

In local.cf I have

> local.cf:score SPF_FAIL 2
> local.cf:score SPF_HELO_FAIL 2
> local.cf:score SPF_SOFTFAIL 2
> local.cf:score T_SPF_HELO_TEMPERROR 2
> local.cf:score T_SPF_TEMPERROR 2

I’m running with Postfix and Amavisd as well. Everything is working - except something I”ve not configured correctly in this area.
Does anyone have any idea why this might be
thanks

Robert Chalmers

Re: Why is Spamassassin not scoring these Fails

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 04.06.16 09:15, Robert Chalmers wrote:
>I\u2019m trying to discover why T_SPF_TEMPERROR and the other below it are not
> scoring higher even though they are actually failing?

because they can be failing because of (temporary) problems on either side
and not gettin the results does not mean it should be scored.

without envelope from and helo string it's hard to find out why did the
tests fail...

Boost your system's speed by 500% - DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.*

Re: Why is Spamassassin not scoring these Fails

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 09:15:55 +0100
Robert Chalmers wrote:

> I’m trying to discover why T_SPF_TEMPERROR and the other below it are
> not scoring higher even though they are actually failing?

> > autolearn=no autolearn_force=no version=3.4.1 X-Spam-HAM-Report:
> > 	*  0.0 T_SPF_TEMPERROR SPF: test of record failed
> > (temperror)
> > 	*  0.0 T_SPF_HELO_TEMPERROR SPF: test of HELO record failed
> > local.cf:score T_SPF_HELO_TEMPERROR 2
> > local.cf:score T_SPF_TEMPERROR 2

> I’m running with Postfix and Amavisd as well. Everything is working -
> except something I”ve not configured correctly in this area.

It's not customary to rescore T_* rules, but it should be possible.

Did you restart Amavisd?

Re: Why is Spamassassin not scoring these Fails

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 04.06.2016 um 10:15 schrieb Robert Chalmers:
> I’m trying to discover why T_SPF_TEMPERROR and the other below it are
> not scoring higher even though they are actually failing?

because that's the purpose of a testing rule and because it does you a
favour *not* to score any sort of TEMPERROR

the better question is why do you score rules you don't understand higher?

RTFM: