Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gareth Kirwan <gb...@thermeoneurope.com> on 2003/01/07 18:20:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Installing DSO

Gareth Stationery'ello everyone.

I'm new to this list - and this is my first post - so go easy on me ;-)

I've been trying to install a basic mod_perl, mod_ssl & apache 1.3.27 DSO
setup ... without success.
I want to be able to add new modules to the installation easily - I thought
DSO was the way to go - am I wrong ?

When I've done the installation my httpd.conf uses a LoadModule list,
followed by a ClearModuleList followed by an AddModule list...
It falls over claiming that LoadModule is provided by a source unknown to
it...

Is there a guide to this style of installation that I can look at that I (
as of yet ) haven't found?

Sorry if this is a simple question and I've just missed some docs ...

Gareth Kirwan
Programming & Development,
Thermeon Europe Ltd,
gbjk@thermeoneurope.com