Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by javateck javateck <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/10 21:09:09 UTC

does hadoop have any way to append to an existing file?

Hi,
  does hadoop have any way to append to an existing file? for example, I
wrote some contents to a file, and later on I want to append some more
contents to the file.

thanks,

Re: does hadoop have any way to append to an existing file?

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

Hadoop's append functionality is somewhat in progress and is not stable in
any released versions quite yet. The relevant ticket is
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1700. Note that, while this JIRA
indicates that it is in 0.19.0, it was rolled back in 0.19.1 (
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5224). It is coming back in
0.20, soon to be released, but you may want to investigate other solutions
to your problem in the meantime.

-Todd