Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de> on 2013/10/11 19:39:23 UTC

Angle of markers

Hi all,

I was told, that the dev-list is more appropriate. Therefore again:

I'm member of Apache OpenOffice project. We are working on import filter
for SVG graphics. In this context I have looked, how Squiggle renders
the graphics with markers with orient="auto".

I see, that Squiggle does not consider the direction of the last path
segment for marker-start in a closed path, and the direction of the
first path segment for marker-end in a closed path.

I think, because of
   "In all cases for closed subpaths (e.g., subpaths which end with a
'closepath' command), the orientation of the marker corresponding to the
initial point of the subpath is calculated assuming that:
     the path segment going into the vertex is the path segment
corresponding to the closepath
     the path segment coming out of the vertex is the first path segment
in the subpath"
in http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/painting.html#OrientAttribute

marker-start and marker-end have to use angle bisector for the
first/last point as well in closed paths. We find very different ways
how browsers and other application render such graphics, but we think
that the spec is clear here.

The attachment has some examples. The green marker is the marker-start,
the red ones are marker-mid and the blue one is the marker-end. All
markers in the first/last point should have the same angle.

If the attachment is stripped, find it at
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/attachment.cgi?id=81748

[The current released version of AOO renders it not correctly, we are
working on it.]

Kind regards
Regina