Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2013/07/11 16:38:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.8 - RC5

Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.8 release candidate 5.

Thanks every for your patience in testing through the RC's. I think we are scavenging some lingering issues and fixing them for good. So please continue to test on.

If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating the release, please reply to this thread. Once you verify the release, please post your vote to the VOTE thread.

For reference, the Apache release guide  - http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Some tips to validate the release before you vote:

* Download the binary version and run the 5 minute or 10 minute tutorial as described in README and website.
* Download the source files from compressed files and release tag and build (which includes tests).
* Verify the distribution for the required LICENSE and NOTICE files
* Verify if all the staged files are signed and the signature is verifiable.
* Verify if the signing key in the project's KEYS file is hosted on a public server

Thanks for your time in validating the release and voting,
Suresh
(On Behalf of Airavata PMC)

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.8 - RC5

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Sorry for one more (hopefully last) RC, but since no one voted on it yet, I would like to roll out a new RC. There are couple of inconvenient bugs in the current RC, mainly when built on a clean repo (thanks amila and ye fan for pointing them out offline). Found one more long standing lingering issue which existed in 0.7and 0.8 RC related to some of the plugins in jnlp phase of xbaya not getting invoked. There are discussed in AIRAVATA-885. I will quickly roll out a new RC.

thanks for your patience,
Suresh