Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ian Huynh <ia...@hubspan.com> on 2003/12/10 19:27:59 UTC

how do you automate batch test run + output in HTML?

We have a large number of JUnit tests that are currently
running via
http://localhost/test/ServletTestRunner?suite=mytestsuite_01&xsl=cactus-report.xsl
http://localhost/test/ServletTestRunner?suite=mytestsuite_02&xsl=cactus-report.xsl
http://localhost/test/ServletTestRunner?suite=mytestsuite_03&xsl=cactus-report.xsl

what i'd like to do is
1. automatically run these tests
2. capture the html output
3. group/sort the outputs into java doc style (3 frames)

is there such a facility already built-in to Cactus?

Thanks

Re: Production environment Testing

Posted by "J. B. Rainsberger" <jb...@rogers.com>.
Bret Kumler wrote:

> When running tests in a production enviornment, what's the "preferred"
> route?
>
> I can not catify the product ear file.
>
> Can I just create a war file outside of the ear file and deploy it in the
> container and execute the tests?

I have built a separate web application (.war) with all the in-container
tests. It contains all the code it needs: test tools, test classes,
production classes. This has worked well for me.
--
J. B. Rainsberger,
Diaspar Software Services

Production environment Testing

Re: how do you automate batch test run + output in HTML?

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
The Ant tasks work too ;-)

   http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/

Cheers,