Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/09 19:27:02 UTC

Setup Wicket in Eclipse without need to re-initialize the whole servlet container

Hi,

we have set up Wicket in OpenMeetings and it is working fine!

However the development cycle is pretty long:
Every change requires us to recompile and restart the servlet container.
As we use Wicket + Spring + openJPA a restart takes around 20 seconds
+ compilations time, it takes around 30 seconds in total.
When working with UI components you regularly sit on your desk and
wait for this cycle to complete ;)

Is there a way to develop and test Wicket more agile?
Is there some "Hot-plug" mechanism that does not require to reload the
whole servlet container with every change?

Thanks!
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: Setup Wicket in Eclipse without need to re-initialize the whole servlet container

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
You need to modify red5-debug and set your own path to jrebel.jar

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Setup Wicket in Eclipse without need to re-initialize the whole servlet container

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Setup Wicket in Eclipse without need to re-initialize the whole servlet container

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Setup Wicket in Eclipse without need to re-initialize the whole servlet container

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Dmitry Zamula <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Sebastian.

Posted by Dmitry Zamula <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Sebastian.

Posted by zenith77 <co...@gmail.com>.
I use the simplest of setups - embedded Jetty in a Java main method, and run
from within Eclipse in debug mode. I just point the root directory to my
local project files, and off I go. No  buggy plug-ins, or configuration -
just plain old Java.

Means you can edit java files and they automatically hotswap and
resources automatically
update. Can post the code up later, if you want? (although there are plenty
of examples on the web).

I usually have two versions - one that runs in the maven 'test' directories and
uses the 'test' configuration and another that runs in the 'main' directories
and uses the deployment configuration.

Posted by Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Mosmann <mi...@mosmann.de>.