Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Amitabha Banerjee <hi...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/11 05:29:11 UTC

Unable to crawl all links

Hi folks,
I am unable to crawl all the links in my website. For some reason, only one
or two links are picked up by nutch.

Here is the website I am trying to index: http://www.knowmydestination.com

All links a this website are internal.

My crawl-urlfilter does not block any kind of internal links. It looks as
possible.

# accept hosts in MY.DOMAIN.NAME
+^http://www.knowmydestination.com/

# skip everything else
-.

My urls are:  http://www.knowmydestination.com/

When I run:
bin/nutch crawl urls -dir crawl.kmd -depth 3 -topN 100

nutch only crwal one link
http://www.knowmydestination.com/articles/cheapfares.html

Can anyone help me figre this out.

/Amitab

Re: Unable to crawl all links

Posted by vishal vachhani <vi...@gmail.com>.
hi Chetan ,
                  check properties call "db.ignore.external.links" and
"db.ignore.internal.links". in nutch-default.xml.  Description is given in
the file what does that mean. you can act accordingly if all pages from the
crawl url is not being crawled.

--vishal

RE: Unable to crawl all links

Posted by Edward Quick <ed...@hotmail.com>.

> Hi,
>
> Here is my crawl-urlfilter.txt file
> =============================
> # skip file:, ftp:, & mailto: urls
> -^(file|ftp|mailto):
>
> # skip image and other suffixes we can't yet parse
> -\.(gif|GIF|jpg|JPG|png|PNG|ico|ICO|css|sit|eps|wmf|zip|ppt|mpg|xls|gz|rpm|tgz|mov|MOV|exe|jpeg|JPEG|bmp|BMP)$
>
> # accept everything else
> +.
> =============================

Well that should cover most of it! I'm not one of the experts here, but think that the 285 unfetched urls in your stats below, means that you need to run 'nutch fetch' on your most recent segment to fetch 285 new links eg, try something like this:

nutch fetch crawl/segments/200809251253 > crawl.log

then go through the crawl.log to see which fetches are failing, reconfigure, and re-run.

> Please let me know how can I crawl all URL?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Chetan Patel
>

> Edward Quick wrote:
> >

> > Chetan, if you haven't already done this, check your crawl-urlfilter.txt
> > (or regex-urlfilter.txt if you're running nutch fetch) and comment out the
> > line below:
> >
> > # skip URLs containing certain characters as probable queries, etc.
> > #-[?*!@=]
> >
> > Ed.
> >

> >> Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 23:18:29 -0700
> >> From: chetan@webmail.aruhat.com
> >> To: nutch-user@lucene.apache.org
> >> Subject: Re: Unable to crawl all links
> >>

> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I have read the db file and it display result below.
> >> ==========================================
> >> $ bin/nutch readdb mytest/crawldb -stats
> >> CrawlDb statistics start: mytest/crawldb
> >> Statistics for CrawlDb: mytest/crawldb
> >> TOTAL urls:     345
> >> retry 0:        345
> >> min score:      0.0
> >> avg score:      0.028
> >> max score:      1.055
> >> status 1 (db_unfetched):        285
> >> status 2 (db_fetched):  48
> >> status 3 (db_gone):     5
> >> status 4 (db_redir_temp):       4
> >> status 5 (db_redir_perm):       3
> >> CrawlDb statistics: done
> >> ==========================================
> >>
> >> You can see there are total 345 URL. From that nutch have fetch only 48.
> >> I need to fetch all 345 URL.
> >>
> >> I have also tried kevin's solution.
> >>
> >> Please help me I am new in nutch.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Chetan Patel
> >>

> >> --

Win New York holidays with Kellogg’s & Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354033/direct/01/

RE: Unable to crawl all links

Posted by Chetan Patel <ch...@webmail.aruhat.com>.
Hi,

RE: Unable to crawl all links

Posted by Edward Quick <ed...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Unable to crawl all links

Re: Unable to crawl all links

Posted by Kevin MacDonald <ke...@hautesecure.com>.
Dig into the code. Look at Fetcher.run() and Fetcher.handleRedirect(). Put
extra logging lines around the filters and normalizers to see if your urls
are showing up but being either removed or altered. You can also disable all
Normalizers by modifying the 'plugin.includes' property. Copy the property
from nutch-default.xml to nutch-site.xml and remove the normalizers.

Re: Unable to crawl all links

Posted by Chetan Patel <ch...@webmail.aruhat.com>.
Hi Vishal,

Re: Unable to crawl all links

Posted by vishal vachhani <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amitabha,

Re: Unable to crawl all links

Posted by Kevin MacDonald <ke...@hautesecure.com>.
Your crawl-urlfilter is too specific. It is a regular expression that needs
to match on every url you want to hit. Try

That will allow most any url.

Kevin