Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Julian Klein <ce...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/18 19:11:01 UTC

SlideSource and Cocoon Transformer

Hi all,

  I recently asked a question about extending slide to
allow an http doPost, but after further research, I
found  another possible avenue, Cocoon Transformers.
I am wondering if the SlideSource can handle http
posts or does it only run via a slide:// protocol?  If
anyone has any input about this, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Julian

p.s. I wrote to this list instead of to cocoon's since
i started the doPost thread here.

Re: SlideSource and Cocoon Transformer

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Hello Christian,

"Christian Goetze" <ch...@rostock.igd.fhg.de> writes:

> At 10:11 18.12.2002 -0800, you [Julian] wrote:
> >   I recently asked a question about extending slide to
> >allow an http doPost, but after further research, I
> >found  another possible avenue, Cocoon Transformers.
> >I am wondering if the SlideSource can handle http
> >posts or does it only run via a slide:// protocol?  If
> >anyone has any input about this, I would greatly
> >appreciate it.
>
> In a project I work in we try to build an infrastructure working with
> any Content Management System using a kind of "CMS driver" or "CMS
> connector" structure. The connector implementation we use right now
> works with Slide as a CMS.
>

> One component accessing the CMS over the connector is Cocoon we use
> for XSL transformation. Therefore I wrote a simple Cocoon source
> implementing and accessing the cms:// protocol you wrote
> about. Creating such a source is quite simple as you have to implement
> a source factory derived from
 [..]
> If there are questions about that, please ask.

Could you tell a little more about the source. How is it different
from Stephans SlideSource in Cocoon scratchpad. Does it implement
versioning? How do you make  metadata/properties available to cocoon ?

Frohe Weihnachten

   Martin

Re: SlideSource and Cocoon Transformer

Posted by Christian Goetze <ch...@rostock.igd.fhg.de>.
Hi Julian,

At 10:11 18.12.2002 -0800, you wrote:
>   I recently asked a question about extending slide to
>allow an http doPost, but after further research, I
>found  another possible avenue, Cocoon Transformers.
>I am wondering if the SlideSource can handle http
>posts or does it only run via a slide:// protocol?  If
>anyone has any input about this, I would greatly
>appreciate it.

In a project I work in we try to build an infrastructure working with any
Content Management System using a kind of "CMS driver" or "CMS connector"
structure. The connector implementation we use right now works with Slide
as a CMS.

One component accessing the CMS over the connector is Cocoon we use for XSL
transformation. Therefore I wrote a simple Cocoon source implementing and
accessing the cms:// protocol you wrote about. Creating such a source is
quite simple as you have to implement a source factory derived from

org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceFactory

and a source derived from

org.apache.cocoon.environment.Source

and then to register the new protocol in cocoon config file.

Quite simple, as I said.

If there are questions about that, please ask.

Regards,
Christian

Re: SlideSource and Cocoon Transformer

Posted by Julian Klein <ce...@yahoo.com>.
Stephan

Thanks for the help.  I got the components via cocoon
cvs and am in the process of trying out the slide
sample in the scratchpad.  I tried it the first time,
it worked (except creating a new collection).  I then
tried to implement my current slide store(jdbc with
mixed filesystem in the slide.xconf), but after that I
was unable to load cocoon again.  I am doing a clean
install and will let you know if that fixes the prob.
many thanks, it looks great!

-Julian

--- Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Julian Klein wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> >   I recently asked a question about extending
> slide to
> > allow an http doPost, but after further research,
> > found  another possible avenue, Cocoon
> Transformers.
> > I am wondering if the SlideSource can handle http
> > posts or does it only run via a slide:// protocol?
>  If
> > anyone has any input about this, I would greatly
> > appreciate it.
>
> The cocoon scratchpad contains only a Source
> implementation for this,
> which is available via slide://.
>
> [COCOON CVS

HEAD]src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/SlideSource.java

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.