Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nasir Zia <na...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/24 14:00:51 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache loadbalancer with tomcat 6

Hi,

I have configured Apache loadbalancer with tomcat as backend i am getting
503 error in apache logs when accessing tomcat examples context. I have
start with one tomcat behind single apache on same machine

Here is my httpd conf

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName abc.com
        ProxyRequests Off
        <Proxy *>
          Order deny,allow
          Allow from all
        </Proxy>
        ProxyPass /balancer-manager !
        ProxyPass /examples balancer://mycluster/examples/
stickysession=JSESSIONID nofailover=On
        ProxyPassReverse /examples ajp://abc.com:8009/examples/
        <Proxy balancer://mycluster>
          BalancerMember ajp://abc.com:8009/ route=public1
          ProxySet lbmethod=byrequests
        </Proxy>
</VirtualHost>

Re: [users@httpd] Apache loadbalancer with tomcat 6

Posted by Francis GALIEGUE <fg...@one2team.com>.
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 07:53, Nasir Zia <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have checked 503 error comes in apache access logs while apache error logs
> show below error.
>
> [Tue May 25 05:06:02 2010] [error] (70007)The timeout specified has expired:
> proxy: AJP: attempt to connect to 10.10.1.130:8009 (77.66.1.130) failed
> [Tue May 25 05:06:02 2010] [error] ap_proxy_connect_backend disabling worker
> for (10.10.1.130)
> [Tue May 25 05:06:02 2010] [error] proxy: AJP: failed to make connection to
> backend: 10.10.1.130
> [Tue May 25 05:06:03 2010] [error] (70007)The timeout specified has expired:
> proxy: AJP: attempt to connect to 10.10.1.130:18009 (10.10.1.130) failed
> [Tue May 25 05:06:03 2010] [error] ap_proxy_connect_backend disabling worker
> for (10.10.1.130)
> [Tue May 25 05:06:03 2010] [error] proxy: AJP: failed to make connection to
> backend: 10.10.1.130
>
> Nothing comes in tomcat logs

Firewall on the Tomcat server forbidding access to the port?

What if you try to:
- ping the host (unless the firewall blocks that too),
- telnet thehost 8009
?

--

Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM

Re: [users@httpd] Apache loadbalancer with tomcat 6

Posted by Nasir Zia <na...@gmail.com>.
[...]

Nasir

Posted by Nasir Zia <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nasir Zia <na...@gmail.com>.
Yes i have configured the tomcat engine with jvmRoute in server.xml of
tomcat

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Castellow <ke...@gmail.com>.