Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Aaron Tracy <Aa...@octanner.com> on 2013/03/28 16:35:49 UTC

Setup PerfMon Metrics Collector plugin to use JMX

I'm attempting to setup the JMeter PerfMon Metrics collector found here (https://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/wiki/PerfMonMetrics) to monitor our Java Garbage collector during load tests.  The agent is installed and I'm getting data back successfully from the server (cpu, memory, network, etc.) but when attempting to setup the JMX monitor, we believe we have it setup correctly following the instructions from the link above, but when I run my script, the listener generates the error "ERROR: java.io.IOException: Agent is unreachable via UDP".  From what I can tell, JMX only works on TCP, why is Jmeter wanting to connect via UDP and is there anyway to switch it to use TCP instead?

Thanks!

Aaron

Re: Setup PerfMon Metrics Collector plugin to use JMX

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 28 March 2013 15:35, Aaron Tracy <Aa...@octanner.com> wrote:
> I'm attempting to setup the JMeter PerfMon Metrics collector found here (https://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/wiki/PerfMonMetrics) to monitor our Java Garbage collector during load tests.

That is not an Apache JMeter plugin, so questions about it are off-topic here.

Please ask for help on the PerfMonMetrics mailing list.