Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Raj Sharma <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/25 07:41:23 UTC

Regarding categorization of UAs

Hi,

It is generating " WARNING: Can't acquire lockfile
'/usr/local/trafficserver/var/trafficserver/server.lock' (Lock file held by
process ID 17952) " warning when I execute " sudo
$PREFIX/bin/traffic_server -T debug-hello" this.

Also tell me how can we categories http header request user agents. Since
ATS receives request from different user agents and keeps a copy in cache
for each UA, that mean for a single url I have multiple copies on the basis
of user agents. Kindly tell me is there any mechanism to categories all UAs
with a single one?

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
On Feb 24, 2014, at 10:41 PM, Raj Sharma <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is generating " WARNING: Can't acquire lockfile
> '/usr/local/trafficserver/var/trafficserver/server.lock' (Lock file held by
> process ID 17952) " warning when I execute " sudo
> $PREFIX/bin/traffic_server -T debug-hello" this.

Yup, as Leif noted you can only run Traffic Server once ... kill the old process.

> Also tell me how can we categories http header request user agents. Since
> ATS receives request from different user agents and keeps a copy in cache
> for each UA, that mean for a single url I have multiple copies on the basis
> of user agents. Kindly tell me is there any mechanism to categories all UAs
> with a single one?

There's nothing in Traffic Server that classifies user agents. By default, ATS would not keep a separate document in cache for each UA, unless you enable an alternate for each UA:

https://trafficserver.readthedocs.org/en/latest/admin/http-proxy-caching.en.html?#caching-http-alternates