Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sourabh Mehta <so...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/17 15:05:23 UTC

Unable to run flink job in dataproc cluster with jobmanager provided

Hi Team,

I'm  exploring flink for one of my use case, I'm facing some issues while
running a flink job in cluster mode. Below are the steps I followed to
setup and run job in cluster mode :
1. Setup flink on google cloud dataproc using
https://github.com/GoogleCloudDataproc/initialization-actions/tree/master/flink

2. After setting up the cluster I could see the flink session started and
could see the UI for the same.

3 Submitted job from dataproc master node using below command

sudo HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/etc/hadoop/conf /usr/lib/flink/bin/flink run -m
yarn-cluster -yid application_1592311654771_0001 -class
com.sm.flink.FlinkDriver /usr/lib/flink/lib/flink-1.0.10-sm-SNAPSHOT.jar
hdfs://cluster-flink-poc-m:8020/user/flink/rocksdb/

After running the job I see the job started successfully but created a mini
local cluster and ran in local mode. I don't see any jobs submitted to
JobManger and I also see 0 task managers on UI.

Can someone please help me understand here?, do let me know what input is
required to investigate the same.

Re: Unable to run flink job in dataproc cluster with jobmanager provided

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
Is your user-jar packaging and relocating Flink classes? If so, then
your job actually operate against the classes provided by the cluster,
which, well, just wouldn't work.

Posted by Sourabh Mehta <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,
[...]

The configuration option Key: 'taskmanager.memory.task.off-heap.size' ,
default: 0 bytes (fallback keys: []) required for local execution is not
[...]
null (fallback keys: [{key=taskmanager.memory.size, isDeprecated=true}])

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Sourabh,

Posted by Sourabh Mehta <so...@gmail.com>.
No, I am not.