Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Robert Bagley <ro...@ce.gatech.edu> on 2001/11/16 15:55:03 UTC

Request change to MailErrorsTo

Joshua-

I really like the MailErrorsTo option -- it's a lot more informative than
the data thrown into the error log. But (there's always a "but") in the
next release, could you please add the lines "<html><body>\n" and
"</body></html>\n" to the beginning and end, respectively, of the email
message? Several email clients will only show the HTML source of the
message despite the Content-Type declaration in the header.

Many thanks!

-Robert

Re: Request change to MailErrorsTo

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Robert Bagley wrote:

> Joshua-
>
> I really like the MailErrorsTo option -- it's a lot more informative than
> the data thrown into the error log. But (there's always a "but") in the
> next release, could you please add the lines "<html><body>\n" and
> "</body></html>\n" to the beginning and end, respectively, of the email
> message? Several email clients will only show the HTML source of the
> message despite the Content-Type declaration in the header.

No prob.  This will be in the 2.29 release.  Let me know if you
would like my dev version before it hits CPAN.

--Josh

Re: about asp exe

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Ruggero Manzoni wrote:

> Hi,
> I'am tring to use the asp program to test some *.asp
> files,
> but I don't understand how to pas parameters to the
> program.
> I tried :
>  ./asp somefile.asp user=xxx pass=xxx
> and also :
>   ./asp somefile.asp user xxx pass xxx
> and it doesn't work.
> I'am sorry but I don't understand the help on the asp
> exe.

Try without the = between the args:

]# cat test_asp_command.asp
<%
 print Data::Dumper::Dumper( $Request->QueryString );
%>

TEST DONE

]# asp test_asp_command.asp hi there

$VAR1 = bless( {
                 'hi' => 'there'
               }, 'Apache::ASP::Collection' );

TEST DONE

I'll clarify the asp --help with this help text for the next release:

The @arguments will be written as space separated
words, and will be initialized as an associate array where
%arguments = @arguments.  As an example:

 asp file.asp key1 value1 key2 value2

would be similar to calling the file.asp in a web environment like

about asp exe

Posted by Ruggero Manzoni <ru...@yahoo.it>.
Hi,
I'am tring to use the asp program to test some *.asp
files,
but I don't understand how to pas parameters to the
program.
I tried :
 ./asp somefile.asp user=xxx pass=xxx
and also :
  ./asp somefile.asp user xxx pass xxx
and it doesn't work.
I'am sorry but I don't understand the help on the asp
exe.
Can someone give me an example how to pass parameters?
Thanks
Ruggero

Re: Request change to MailErrorsTo

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Philip Mak wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Robert Bagley wrote:
>
> > Several email clients will only show the HTML source of the message
> > despite the Content-Type declaration in the header.
>
> Aren't there also some MIME headers required (by standard) in order for
> HTML e-mails to be displayed properly by all clients? Someone told me that
> this header is needed:

> See the newsgroup posting:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?th=fc713e07c815d99&seekm=Pine.EDO.4.40.0111141622440.414115-100000%40goedel3.math.washington.edu

In version 2.29, the MIME-Version: 1.0 header will be added to
any email sent via $Server->Mail() that has a Content-Type header
set and does not have a MIME-Version header set explicitly.
The MailErrorsTo functionality uses $Server->Mail internally.

Let me know if you want my 2.29 dev version early.  Pending
any new bugs that crop up, the current version is what will
be released to CPAN shortly ( in the next few days ).

--Josh

Re: Request change to MailErrorsTo

Posted by Philip Mak <pm...@aaanime.net>.