Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by zach rappaport <za...@hotmail.com> on 2002/07/22 23:35:56 UTC

newbie question: aggregation?

Hello -

I am working on Cocoon 2.0.2 and Tomcat 4.0.4.

I have an existing xml -> xsl stylesheet -> html module set up that
publishes reports. I would like to use cocoon to do this transformation for
me. Thus I would like to change my existing xsl stylesheet as minimally as
possible.

My situation is this: my xml data is passed to one main xsl stylesheet
(main.xsl) which calls a few other xsl styleshees (via: <xsl:call- template
/>.

Currently, main.xsl includes: header.xsl, body.xsl, footer.xsl.

main.xsl like so:
<xsl:include href="header.xsl" />
<xsl:include href="body.xsl" />
<xsl:include href="footer.xsl" />

and these three xsl templates are called later: (ie: <xsl:call-template
name="header" />)

How would this be mimicked in Cocoon? Would I need to use <map:aggregate />
to aggregate the html output from the included stylesheets? How exactly is
this done? And what are the <map:part />?

Or is aggregation totally not the way to go? Because currently when I use my
existing xsl template (with the include and call-template commands) I get an
error saying the template is not found. Is this doable with my existing xsl
templates?

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: newbie question: aggregation?

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.
Zach,

you can use <xsl:include> as much as you like in Cocoon. I guess the "template not found" error is just a matter of mismacthed
directories or something like this.

Are those included stylesheets in the same directory of main.xsl ?

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org