Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Chia-liang Kao <cl...@clkao.org> on 2004/08/02 13:04:15 UTC

copyfrom_path inconsistency in fsfs

If you load the attached dump into bdb, you will see something like

   A /foo/bar.cp2 (from /foo/bar:2)

in the log. But with fsfs, you will see

   A /foo/bar.cp2 (from foo/bar:2)

Cheers,
CLK

Re: copyfrom_path inconsistency in fsfs

Posted by Chia-liang Kao <cl...@clkao.org>.
Here it is.

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.

--
Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken

Re: copyfrom_path inconsistency in fsfs

Posted by Mark Benedetto King <mb...@lowlatency.com>.
On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 10:26:02PM -0400, Greg Hudson wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 09:04, Chia-liang Kao wrote:
> > If you load the attached dump into bdb, you will see something like
> >
> >    A /foo/bar.cp2 (from /foo/bar:2)
> >
> > in the log. But with fsfs, you will see
> >
> >    A /foo/bar.cp2 (from foo/bar:2)
>
> Fixed in r10480 and nominated for backport to 1.1.  I only fixed the
> problem on the way into the changed-path data, not on the way out;
> existing repositories where non-canonical copyfrom paths have crept into
> the changed-path entries will have to be dumped and loaded in order to
> be fixed.
>
> (The problem seems fairly harmless to me; if it's a big deal, we could
> add code to canonicalize copyfrom data as it is read from the
> changed-path entries.  Certainly, I would have done that if we had
> already hit 1.1 with this bug, or if the problem had severe
> repercussions.)

This may be a non-issue, but the blame history-traversal code used to
pay attention to the paths.  I haven't looked at it recently,
though.  Either way, a dump/load would fix the problem, if any.

--ben

Re: copyfrom_path inconsistency in fsfs

Posted by Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU>.