Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by asn_dileep <as...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/12/12 05:35:24 UTC

HELP - Passing PArameters

HI,

How do I pass paramaters for HTTP request. Ex: I've created one HTTP
request. I need to pass parameters to that request(Like, different user
logins) before going to Run -> Start the testcase. Could any one suggerst me
on this ?

Thanks in advance..

Rgds,
DK

Re: HELP - Passing PArameters

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The CSVRead funtion is deprecated in favour of CSV Dataset Config,
which is much easier to use.

For the CSVRead function to read 2 columns, you need 3 function calls:

${__CSVRead(test.csv,0)}
${__CSVRead(test.csv,1)}
${__CSVRead(test.csv,next)}

These read column 1, column 2 and then advance to the next row.

But don't do that - use the CSV DataSet instead.

RE: HELP - Passing PArameters

Posted by Anjaneyulu Aerrolla <aa...@sapient.com>.
Hi DK,

	The function helper dialog is a just a tool for helping with the
syntax, if it's not working you can still continue with the steps 6, 7
mentioned by Mahesh, but how ever if you want to look into the problem
why it's not generating then have a look at the jmeter.log file in
$J-METER_HOME/bin  folder .

Thanks

Anjan | Associate Technology | Sapient | Bangalore, India

aaerrolla@sapient.com | +91 80 41047003 (work) | +91 9886619293 (cell)

Re: HELP - Passing PArameters

Posted by asn_dileep <as...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi Mahesh,

Re: HELP - Passing PArameters

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
You might find the CSV Data Set Config easier to use:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#CSV_Data_Set_Config

It's also better if you have a large CSV file as it does not store the
entire contents of the file in memory.

Re: HELP - Passing PArameters

Posted by mahesh kumar <pm...@gmail.com>.
Hi DK,

Re: HELP - Passing PArameters

Posted by asn_dileep <as...@yahoo.co.in>.
Thank you very much guys...

:)

Re: HELP - Passing PArameters

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

RE: HELP - Passing PArameters

Posted by Labudu Gopanna <La...@cybage.com>.

RE: HELP - Passing PArameters

Posted by asn_dileep <as...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi Gopal,

Thanks for your reply. What exactly I'm looking for, I've one login page
with two fields called as username and password. I recorded the script for
the login page by login to the system once. Before going to Start the test
plan, I would like to set up few user login's in HTTP Request page. Here I

RE: HELP - Passing PArameters

How do I pass paramaters for HTTP request. Ex: I've created one HTTP
request. I need to pass parameters to that request(Like, different user
logins) before going to Run -> Start the testcase. Could any one
suggerst me
on this ?

Thanks in advance..

Rgds,
DK

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com