Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Zheng Yong <ez...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/17 12:12:31 UTC

FSEditLog won't log the change if one file size is changed?

hi,

it might be a stupid question but I really have no answer.

>From FSEditLog.java, it only supports 14 operations. So, if one file size
is changed(e.g. new content is written in), FSEditLog won't log these
change?
If not, when the node is down, how to restore these information in namenode?

thanks

Re: FSEditLog won't log the change if one file size is changed?

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.
The metadata did not include file size, so if client ask file size to the
DataNode which stored the last block.

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yanbo Liang <ya...@gmail.com>.