Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by 변정섭 <js...@nicstech.co.kr> on 2000/02/07 06:28:08 UTC

How can I use Korean?

Hello!
I have used FOP and tested a couple of examples. Also I've read
messages concerning about PDF font in this list. but it's not
easy for me to understand PDF font (Type0? Type1? it's too
confusing -_-;)

Anyway, I want to use Korean in FOP. Now PDF supports Korean
and other Asian fonts, but FOP doesn't. I tried to use Korean in
FOP but I found out some problems.

First, Korean Font class that inherites FontMetric should be
added. I downloaded Adobe Korean Font package but how can
I know ascender, capheight, descender, xheight and all widthes
on each character? If I have CIDFont and CMap file, can I know
that? If it's possible, I think that's easy to add XML file into
"codegen" directory and font class into FontSetup class.

The other problem is here. Korean is multibyte code but one "char" in Java. the "addText" function in LineArea class has
a bug for supporting such Asian language encoding rule.

Do you have any plan to support Korean and Asian languages?

Im sorry Im not good at writing English.
Thank you for reading

- jeongsub -