Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Quinton Delpeche <qu...@vippayroll.co.za> on 2004/11/18 17:12:25 UTC

JDBC User Realm Error...

Hello Everybody,

I have set up a JDBC User Realm that authenticates against a PostgresQL server
for a specific engine.

Whenever I try and log in, it authenticates the user correctly (I check the
logs and get the message below):

<LOG EXTRACT>
2004-11-18 18:09:59 JDBCRealm[]: Username patsyr successfully authenticated
</LOG EXTRACT>

But my Page is redirected to j_security_check with the following error:
<ERROR>
HTTP Status 408 - The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If
you wish to continue you must either click back twice and re-click the link
you requested or close and re-open your browser

type Status report

message The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you wish
to continue you must either click back twice and re-click the link you
requested or close and re-open your browser

description The client did not produce a request within the time that the
server was prepared to wait (The time allowed for the login process has been
exceeded. If you wish to continue you must either click back twice and
re-click the link you requested or close and re-open your browser).
Apache Tomcat/5.0
</ERROR>

This same code worked perfectly on Tomcat 4.0 using a MS-SQL server.

I am now migrating this application to Tomcat 5 on a PostgresQL server.

Please help, I have tried googling but I cannot find any information regarding
this.

Thanks
Quinton Delpeche
Internal Systems Developer