Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Brian Swackhamer <br...@benefitfocus.com> on 2006/08/10 23:25:12 UTC

Remote Server over VPN

I want to be able to run the remote server calls through a VPN
connection.  I changed the PORT to a valid port that is open on my
firewall and when I try to run the remote test it gives me a timeout
error (see below:)

2006/08/10 17:12:31 ERROR - jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart:
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 168.58.224.2;
nested exception is:

            java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

            at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(Unknown
Source)

            at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(Unknown
Source)

            at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(Unknown
Source)

            at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(Unknown Source)

            at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)

            at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Unknown Source)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.getEngine(ClientJMeterEngine
.java:51)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.<init>(ClientJMeterEngine.ja
va:55)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.doRemoteInit(RemoteStart.java:1
69)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.doAction(RemoteStart.java:76)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.performAction(ActionRouter.jav
a:75)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.access$000(ActionRouter.java:4
3)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter$1.run(ActionRouter.java:60)

            at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

            at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

            at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)

            at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)

            at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown
Source)

            at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown
Source)

            ... 20 more

2006/08/10 17:13:04 ERROR - jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart:
[...]

org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.doRemoteStart(RemoteStart.java:
149)

            at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.doAction(RemoteStart.java:77)

[...]

Any ideas what I might be missing?

Here is the JMeter property settings I changed:

# Remote Hosts (either computer name or ip address) - comma delimited

remote_hosts=68.58.224.2:3389

#remote_hosts:localhost:1099,localhost:2010

# RMI port to be used by the server (must start rmiregistry with same
port)

#server_port=1099

# To change the port to (say) 1234:

# On the server(s)

- set server_port=5555

- start rmiregistry with port 5555

# On Windows this can be done by:

# SET SERVER_PORT=5555

# JMETER-SERVER

#

# On Unix:

# SERVER_PORT=1234 jmeter-server

#

# On the client:

-          set remote_hosts=server:5555

I am using windows XP

JMeter 2.2

JDK 1.5

thanks

Brian

BENEFITFOCUS.COM CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law. Unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or dissemination of this communication or its contents in any way is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please notify the original sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, return the original message to the original sender or to bfpostmaster@benefitfocus.com, and destroy all copies or derivations of the original message. Thank you.  (BFeComNote Rev. 08/01/2005)