Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com> on 2016/09/22 13:54:07 UTC

Speakers announced for Cloudstack EU User Group

We're very excited to announce the Autumn 2016 meeting of the CloudStack European User group, this time kindly hosted by BT, the people behind BT Cloud Compute.
Would be great to see as many from the community there as possible. Folks who cant make it, would appreciate if you're able to tweet and share with your networks

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-27604537916

CloudStack European User Group
VENUE: BT Centre showcase, 81 Newgate St, London, EC1A 7AJ. Nearest tube: St. Paul's
As well as talks from guest speakers, there will be the chance to meet with other CloudStack users, lunch, and time to continue the discussions over a beer or two in the evening.
IMPORTANT NOTE: these user groups are regularly sold out and we've had a waiting list for places. Please ensure you are able to attend before booking tickets.
AGENDA & SPEAKERS

Fast, automated landscape provisioning based on CloudStack, Ingo Jochim & Andre Walter.
Ingo and Andre will talk about their experiences deploying CloudStack as a platform for fast and flexible SAP system provisioning. Focused on relevant examples, they will highlight lessons learnt, technologies used and integration with CloudStack.

Application Supply Chain Automation (AsA) by Govind Rangasamy.
Organizations today are struggling to transform their mission critical systems into hyper-scale and highly available services, while also accelerating new application rollouts. Enterprises and MSPs rely on Appranix's AsA to accelerate application delivery and eliminate waste by composing, automating and operating applications with data fabric and cloud services along the application supply chain. Govind will talk about how CloudStack customers can take advantage of this unique approach and technology in details.

Building an Infrastructure as a Service for Voice platform, Len Bellemore & Tulio de Souza.
As a major Mitel phone system integrator and reseller, we wanted to host Unified Communications platforms in a pay-as-you-go consumption model.  We chose Cloudstack, and transformed our IaaS cloud into an IaaS for Voice platform integrated into our Core Network.   With a custom UI, that calls the Cloudstack API, we have reduced deployment times, as well as the number of engineers involved in a phone system deployment. We'll talk about some of the challenges, wins, and how this very successful project has made us fall in love with Cloudstack again.

Creating a native Containers as a Service (CaaS) offering on CloudStack, Paul Angus.
Cloud native applications running in containerised environments look set to create a paradigm shift in the way compute resources are consumed. However, this presents challenges (both technical and business) to Cloud Service providers who have already invested heavily in Infrastructure as a Service offerings based on the virtual machine model. Paul will discuss these challenges, look at the services that end-users will demand in a containerised world and how major public cloud providers have overcome these challenges.  He will then preview an exciting new project that gives a simple method for operators to deploy Containers as a Service to their end-users, based on Apache CloudStack

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-27604537916

Kind Regards
Giles

giles.sirett@shapeblue.comĀ