Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io> on 2016/10/17 17:49:07 UTC

Kafka KIP meeting Oct 19 at 11:00am PST

Hi, Everyone.,

We plan to have a Kafka KIP meeting this coming Wednesday at 11:00am PST. If
you plan to attend but haven't received an invite, please let me know. The
following is the tentative agenda.

Agenda:
KIP-82: add record header

Thanks,

Jun

Re: Kafka KIP meeting Oct 19 at 11:00am PST

Posted by Mayuresh Gharat <gh...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Nacho.
+1 for the KIP.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

--
-Regards,
Mayuresh R. Gharat

Re: Kafka KIP meeting Oct 19 at 11:00am PST

Posted by Nacho Solis <ns...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Michael,

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
++1

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Michael Pearce <Mi...@ig.com>.
I had noted that what ever the solution having compaction based on null payload was agreed isn't elegant.

Shall we raise another kip to : as discussed propose using a attribute bit for delete/compaction flag as well/or instead of null value and updating compaction logic to look at that delelete/compaction attribute

I believe this is less contentious, so that at least we get that done alleviating some concerns whilst the below gets discussed further?

The following are the notes from today's KIP discussion.

   - KIP-82 - add record header: We agreed that there are use cases for
   third-party vendors building tools around Kafka. We haven't reached the
   conclusion whether the added complexity justifies the use cases. We will
   follow up on the mailing list with use cases, container format people have
   been using, and details on the proposal.

The video will be uploaded soon in https://cwiki.apache.org/
confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals .

Thanks,

Jun

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io> wrote:

> Hi, Everyone.,
>
> We plan to have a Kafka KIP meeting this coming Wednesday at 11:00am PST.
> If you plan to attend but haven't received an invite, please let me know.
> The following is the tentative agenda.
>
> Agenda:
> KIP-82: add record header
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender by replying to this email or by telephone (+44(020 7896 0011) and then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusion (etc) that do not relate to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG is a trading name of IG Markets Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, company number 04008957) and IG Index Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, company number 01190902). Registered address at Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2YA. Both IG Markets Limited (register number 195355) and IG Index Limited (register number 114059) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Re: Kafka KIP meeting Oct 19 at 11:00am PST

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.