Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ameyakulkarni00 <am...@pubmatic.com> on 2020/04/21 09:00:06 UTC

Unable to initiate IgniteContext in spark-shell

Hi
I am trying to do a POC with apache ignite and spark for improving our spark
application performance.
I have a 10 node Dev cluster ( centos 7, HDP 3.1, spark 2.3.2 ).
I have installed apache ignite (2.8.0) on 5 of those servers. The
installation was smooth and all 5 nodes were live with default configuration
and were identified by each other.

I am simply trying to test apache ignite using spark-shell from one of the
nodes where ignite is installed.
I am getting the below error on executing :

val ic = new IgniteContext(sc,()=> new IgniteConfiguration())

sparkShellError.txt
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2841/sparkShellError.txt>

And the below error in the ignite process:
igniteProcessError.txt
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2841/igniteProcessError.txt>

Kindly help me in fixing this. Or kindly point me to the right direction.

Regards
Ameya

Re: Unable to initiate IgniteContext in spark-shell

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Caused by: java.io.InvalidClassException:
javax.cache.configuration.MutableConfiguration; local class
incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 201405, local class
serialVersionUID = 201306200821

I think this is caused by different versions of jcache dependency on
your nodes. One of these likely has 1.0 while the other 1.1. Make sure
it matches.

Ilya Kasnacheev