Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by hobojoe <go...@leidos.com> on 2019/02/26 16:08:24 UTC

Java Multicast Consumer

When I configure a Queue like:

           <address name="feedControlR">
                <*multicast*/>
            </address>

and try to connect with a org.springframework.jms.annotation.JmsListener

@JmsListener(id="feedControlListener", destination = "feedControlR",
containerFactory = "feedControlContainerFactory")

I get the following error:
Open of resource:(JmsConsumerInfo: {
ID:38d9a94e-c252-46bc-a341-0b17f2320579:1:1:1, destination = feedControlR })
failed: *Address feedControlR is not configured for queue support
*[condition = amqp:illegal-state]

if I change the config to:

           <address name="feedControlR">
                <*anycast*/>
            </address>

It works?

How do I connect to a multicast queue?

Re: Java Multicast Consumer

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
An address with multicast support is like a JMS *topic*. An address with
anycast support is like a JMS *queue*. This is because multicast and
anycast semantics correspond to JMS topic (i.e. pub-sub) and JMS queue
(i.e. point-to-point) semantics respectively. It looks to me that your AMQP
JMS client is attempting to treat the destination as a queue rather than a
topic so when the address is configured with multicast it fails with "not
configured for queue support." I'm not familiar enough with Spring to say
definitively, but it looks to me like you need to tell it somehow that the
destination is a topic rather than a queue.

Justin