Posted to users@directory.apache.org by David R Robison <dr...@openroadsconsulting.com> on 2008/12/17 18:04:01 UTC

Loop Detect error

I am using Novel's LDAP client. When attempting to update a record I get
the following error:

LDAPException: Loop Detect (54) Loop Detect

Any thoughts as to what the problem might be? Thanks, David

--

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.

Re: Loop Detect error

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
David R Robison wrote:
> OK - perhapses the message comes from the Novel Java LDAP client
> rather than the Apache DS server. TNX David
No,, the message comes from the server, but it's just a message. It does
not gives any indication on what's wrong on the server...

What would be helpfull would be the server's log, or at least a
description on the exact scenario to reproduce the same error, and using
ADS 1.5.4.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Loop Detect error

Posted by David R Robison <dr...@openroadsconsulting.com>.

--

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.
103 Watson Road, Chesapeake, VA 23320
phone: (757) 546-3401
e-mail: drrobison@openroadsconsulting.com
web: http://openroadsconsulting.com
blog: http://therobe.blogspot.com
book: http://www.xulonpress.com/book_detail.php?id=2579

This e-mail communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged material intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should immediately stop reading this message and delete it from all computers that it resides on. Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying or other use of this communication (or its attachments) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately.

Re: Loop Detect error

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: Loop Detect error

Posted by David R Robison <dr...@openroadsconsulting.com>.

Re: Loop Detect error

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: Loop Detect error

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Hi David!

David R Robison wrote:
> I am using Novel's LDAP client. When attempting to update a record I get
> the following error:
>
> LDAPException: Loop Detect (54) Loop Detect
>
> Any thoughts as to what the problem might be? Thanks, David

We need more information.What exactly is a "Novell's LDAP client"? Some
UI? Or a library which you use from custom application code.

We need at least Server version of ApacheDS (1.5.4, for instance), JVM
and OS you use, etc.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan