Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Parrish Carl-sc4915 <sc...@motorola.com> on 2001/01/11 04:43:25 UTC

HTML entities

I'm trying to insert HTML entities into my XML stylesheet. So that the
resulting html includes &nbsp. This is what I tried to do

Then I found out Cocoon doesn't support output-escaping. So how would I do
this on Cocoon??

Carl Parrish.

Re: HTML entities

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
forge@neonics.com wrote:

> What works fine for me is:
>

> <![CDATA[&]]>
>
> :)

The built in XML entities are:

&amp;   (&)
&lt;    (<)
&gt;    (>)
&apos;  (')
&quot;  (")

Anything beyond that, YOU have to specify in your
DOCTYPE tag--or use the numeric equivalents.

> On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Donald Ball wrote:
>

>> On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Parrish Carl-sc4915 wrote:
>

>>> I'm trying to insert HTML entities into my XML stylesheet. So that the
>
>>> resulting html includes &nbsp. This is what I tried to do

>>> Then I found out Cocoon doesn't support output-escaping. So how would I do
>
>>> this on Cocoon??
>

>> use their numeric equivalents in your XML file (&#160; for &nbsp;) or
>
>> declare the entities in your XML header thingie. look at the
>
>> xdocs/dtd/characters.ent for inspiration.
>

>> - donald

>> For additional commands, e-mail: cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org

Re: HTML entities

Posted by fo...@neonics.com.