Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by David Beer <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/01 12:22:43 UTC

Re: Installing Wicket application on a VPS server - How?!

Hi Martino

If you have glasshfish running the simple answer is to make sure that port
8080 (which is the default for glassfish) is open on your file. Build your
WAR file of your application upload to your VPS and deploy to glassfish.
You should then be able to see your application by doing the following <web
address>:<8080>/Name of application WAR FILE. If you you wish to get rid of
8080 you need to use Apache or Webserver than can redirect to glassfish and
back.

David

Posted by David Beer <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martino

How is your WAR file produced is it via Maven or ANT, generally a WAR file
is produced to a standard way. Can you deploy your application to a local
instance of glassfish? Check the logs of the glassfish container, it should
tell you if there was an error deploying the application. You can also
deploy an application via the admin console in glassfish, you could try
that and see if everything works.

David