Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Michael Molloy <mm...@resortquest.com> on 2001/08/20 17:16:48 UTC

Finding Deprecated methods?

I'm getting a deprecation warning from javac when I use ant to compile a project. How do I pass the
-deprecation flag to ant?

Thanks
--Michael

Michael Molloy                   ResortQuest International
Java Developer                   www.ResortQuest.com
901.762.4076                     mmolloy@resortquest.com

Re: Finding Deprecated methods?

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 01:16, Michael Molloy wrote:
> I'm getting a deprecation warning from javac when I use ant to compile a
> project. How do I pass the -deprecation flag to ant?

First you got to the ant documentation, then you look up the javac task and
then follow directions ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: Finding Deprecated methods?

Posted by Jim Cheesman <jc...@msl.es>.
At 06:02 PM 20/08/01, you wrote:
>On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 02:05, Jim Cheesman wrote:
> > >deprecation="on" is what you're looking for.
> >
> > Just out of interest, what's the justification for deprecation="[on|off]"
> > defaulting to "off"? Is there a major performance hit with it set to "on"?
> > Just to avoid having to change my build.xmlS I routinely add
> > "deprecation="on"" to all my javac tasks...
>
>Its what people expect (imitates javac behaviour) and for backwards
>compatability.

That's pretty much what I thought... which begs the question as to why
javac does it that way...

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *
             Trabajo:

Re: Finding Deprecated methods?

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mourad MEDDAHI <mo...@laposte.net>.
Michael Molloy wrote:

> I'm getting a deprecation warning from javac when I use ant to compile a project. How do I pass the
> -deprecation flag to ant?
>
> Thanks
> --Michael

> Michael Molloy                   ResortQuest International
> Java Developer                   www.ResortQuest.com
> 901.762.4076                     mmolloy@resortquest.com

Hi,

make

<javac ........  deprecation="on"/>

Re: Finding Deprecated methods?

Posted by Jim Cheesman <jc...@msl.es>.

>deprecation="on" is what you're looking for.

Just out of interest, what's the justification for deprecation="[on|off]"
defaulting to "off"? Is there a major performance hit with it set to "on"?
Just to avoid having to change my build.xmlS I routinely add
"deprecation="on"" to all my javac tasks...

Jim

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *
             Trabajo:
jchees@msl.es - (34)(91) 724 9200 x 2360
               What is a free
gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Re: Finding Deprecated methods?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@earthlink.net>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/CoreTasks/javac.html

Posted by Don Taylor <do...@yahoo.com>.
Set the deprecation attribute of the javac task to "on".

-- Don

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/