Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by cprigano <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/05 01:13:20 UTC

Problems Running accumulo 1.4.3 hellowworld example CDH 4.3

I am trying to put together a accumulo/cloudera quick start as an education
package for students. Accumulo is running, but I am having problems
attempting to execute samples, namely hellowworld.

It appears it is finding hadoop and not accumulo classes?

Following is execution and error messages. I appreciate your assistance!

./bin/accumulo
org.apache.accumulo.examples.simple.helloworld.InsertWithOutputFormat
"instance" localhost:2181 "username" "password" hellotable

Thread
"org.apache.accumulo.examples.simple.helloworld.InsertWithOutputFormat" died
nulljava.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at
at
at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main$1.run(Main.java:89)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but class was expected at
org.apache.accumulo.core.util.ContextFactory.createTaskAttemptContext(ContextFactory.java:131)
at
org.apache.accumulo.examples.simple.helloworld.InsertWithOutputFormat.run(InsertWithOutputFormat.java:56)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70) at
org.apache.accumulo.examples.simple.helloworld.InsertWithOutputFormat.main(InsertWithOutputFormat.java:76)
... 6 more

Thanks! Chris

Re: Problems Running accumulo 1.4.3 hellowworld example CDH 4.3

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
just kidding -- didn't read. Billie's right.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by cprigano <ch...@gmail.com>.
Also how do I uninstall current version and  based I the information I
provided which version should I use.

Thanks again mates.

Re: Problems Running accumulo 1.4.3 hellowworld example CDH 4.3

Posted by cprigano <ch...@gmail.com>.
I checked the version in the shell and here is what I got:
Subversion
file:///data/1/jenkins/workspace/generic-package-rhel64-6-0/topdir/BUILD/hadoop-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0/src/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common
-r 48a9315b342ca16de92fcc5be95ae3650629155a
Compiled by jenkins on Mon May 27 19:45:25 PDT 2013
>From source with checksum a4218d77f9b12df4e3e49ef96f9d357d
This command was run using /usr/lib/hadoop/hadoop-common-2.0.0-cdh4.3.0.jar

Re: Problems Running accumulo 1.4.3 hellowworld example CDH 4.3

Posted by cprigano <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Billy,

I followed the instructions
in:http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Accumulo/latest/PDF/Apache-Accumulo-Installation-Guide.pdf

I wanted to get something up and running with netbeans as a teaching and
learning platform that would not cause me to spend allot of time on
configuration ...

I used CDH4.3 Quick start VM for this before. What do you suggest that is
quick down and dirty.

thanks Mates!

Re: Problems Running accumulo 1.4.3 hellowworld example CDH 4.3

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
Accumulo 1.4.3 is not compatible with Hadoop 2.  See ACCUMULO-1790.

Billie

Posted by cprigano <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean R u saying uses CDH4.3 with accumulo 1.5.0?

thanks, Chris

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 8:39 PM, cprigano <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I followed the instructions
> in:
> http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/Accumulo/latest/PDF/Apache-Accumulo-Installation-Guide.pdf

Hi Chris,

Those instructions are vendor-specific. If you run into problems with them,
you should seek assistance through that vendor's support process (community
or otherwise), rather than the Apache mailing list.

I'll follow up with you off-list to point you in the correct direction
should you decide to take that route.

-Sean

Re: Problems Running accumulo 1.4.3 hellowworld example CDH 4.3

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@clouderagovt.com>.
Netbeans can open a maven project natively, no special import required so it should work. —
Joey Echeverria
Director, Federal FTS
Cloudera, Inc.

Posted by cprigano <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Chris

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by cprigano <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Posted by cprigano <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by cprigano <ch...@gmail.com>.
All I have is a laptop not alot of power

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Chris!