Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2002/05/17 12:54:38 UTC

[Kin-Man] Jasper compiling wrong stuff in the wrong place...

When I touch the "clsr.jsp" jsp example with Tomcat 4.0.4 (and before),
Jasper tries to compile also the bean associated with it (although it wasn't
modified)... My only problem is that it tries to compile it in the /WEB-INF/
directory of the application (and it doesn't have permissions to write
there), so, at the end, it's just throwing me a 500 error...

Any clue on why Jasper should be trying to compile a .java into the
WEB-INF/classes directory? I mean, even if it is javac trying to do that,
giving it the -d parameter, it should always write anything in the work
directory, right?

    Pier

Re: [Kin-Man] Jasper compiling wrong stuff in the wrong place...

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> When I touch the "clsr.jsp" jsp example with Tomcat 4.0.4 (and before),
> Jasper tries to compile also the bean associated with it (although it wasn't
> modified)... My only problem is that it tries to compile it in the /WEB-INF/
> directory of the application (and it doesn't have permissions to write
> there), so, at the end, it's just throwing me a 500 error...
>
> Any clue on why Jasper should be trying to compile a .java into the
> WEB-INF/classes directory? I mean, even if it is javac trying to do that,
> giving it the -d parameter, it should always write anything in the work
> directory, right?

Should not it write the *.java files in tmpdir?