Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/06 10:11:17 UTC

[m12n] remove oak-core dep in oak-blob-*

Hi all,

as part of refactoring and making more appropriate interdependencies I
think it'd be good if we could have that oak-blob-* modules depend on just
oak-blob (and eventually oak-commons / oak-base) and cut their dependency
to oak-core so that they would only rely on the purposely exposed
blob/datastore specific APIs.

WDYT?

Regards,
Tommaso

Re: [m12n] remove oak-core dep in oak-blob-*

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2017-04-06 at 10:11 +0000, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as part of refactoring and making more appropriate interdependencies
> think it'd be good if we could have that oak-blob-* modules depend on
> just
> oak-blob (and eventually oak-commons / oak-base) and cut their
> dependency
> to oak-core so that they would only rely on the purposely exposed
> blob/datastore specific APIs.
>
> WDYT?

+1

I think we should depend as little as possible on oak-core, as a
general rule.

Ideally this would in the end would become a 'leaf' bundle, with no
exported API.

Robert

Re: [m12n] remove oak-core dep in oak-blob-*

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
yes, sorry, my bad for not having provided the right context.

in such context oak-commons would contain plain utility class which are not
oak specific (no dependency on org.apache.jackrabbit.oak..) while oak-base
would contain utility classes that relate to oak specific stuff.

Regards,
Tommaso

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi davide