Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/02 00:38:09 UTC

Re: Nasty NIO behavior makes NIOFSDirectory silently close channel

We are seeing this issue as well in your production. (using Zoie on top of
lucene 2.9.1)
After some performance comparisons, we do NOT see performance gain with NIO,
rather these nasty ClosedChannelExceptions.

I think the performance gains ppl are seeing with 2.9.1 can be due to many
different things. From what we seen, they are not related to NIOFSDirectory.

Our solution is to avoid calling FSDirectory.open(), instead just call new
SimpleFSDirectory(). Is this safe?

-John

Posted by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com>.
Re : HW concurrency.

8 core machine, avg latency around 30ms, so with 12 threads, more than
enough room.

-John

Posted by John Wang <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.