Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de> on 2001/11/27 21:04:23 UTC

Need a helpful Xalan-guy for xml-security

Dear Xalan-Gurus,

I need help for the Apache xml-security project. I think for a
Xalan-developer it should be relatively easy to tell me whether it's a
problem in xml-security or xml-xalan.

Unfortunately I'm not deep enough inside Xalan to find the bug myself.
Using Xalan v2.2.D10, the software works, after that it's broken.

When I start all my unit tests I get many (8) exceptions that all relate to
the same problem. What I do generally is to register a new XPath function
(the here() function as defined in XML Signature) and then I apply some
XPathes using that function.

Generally, the problem looks as follows:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not resolve the node to a handle
 at
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getDTMHandleFromNode(DTMManagerDef
ault.java:528)
 at
org.apache.xpath.XPathContext.getDTMHandleFromNode(XPathContext.java:195)
 at org.apache.xpath.NodeSetDTM.<init>(NodeSetDTM.java:213)
 at
org.apache.xml.security.transforms.implementations.TransformEnvelopedSignat
ure.enginePerformTransform(TransformEnvelopedSignature.java:180)

Is there anyone out there who would have fun to hunt this baby?

Thanks in advance,
Christian