Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Brock Noland <no...@github.com> on 2013/07/04 17:25:12 UTC

[jclouds] JCLOUDS-160 - AWS EC2 - constant error malformed image: null - NPE (#55)

Works for me
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/brockn/jclouds master

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/55

-- Commit Summary --

  * JCLOUDS-160: AWS EC2 - constant error malformed image: null - NPE

-- File Changes --

    M apis/ec2/src/main/java/org/jclouds/ec2/xml/DescribeImagesResponseHandler.java (7)
    M apis/ec2/src/test/resources/describe_images.xml (6)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/55.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/55.diff

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-160 - AWS EC2 - constant error malformed image: null - NPE (#55)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds ยป jclouds #169](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds/169/) SUCCESS
This pull request looks good
[(what's this?)](https://www.cloudbees.com/what-is-buildhive)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/55#issuecomment-20484816

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-160 - AWS EC2 - constant error malformed image: null - NPE (#55)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-java-7-pull-requests #501](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-java-7-pull-requests/501/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/55#issuecomment-20484753

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-160 - AWS EC2 - constant error malformed image: null - NPE (#55)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-pull-requests #43](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-pull-requests/43/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/55#issuecomment-20484773

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-160 - AWS EC2 - constant error malformed image: null - NPE (#55)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
Thanks @brockn, this is a good start!

This fixes the tests, but I think we could go one step further and deserialize the tags to the Image class. It should pretty straightforward if you reuse the existing [TagSetHandler](https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/apis/ec2/src/main/java/org/jclouds/ec2/xml/TagSetHandler.java) to parse the tags. If you take a look at the [AWSDescribeInstancesResponseHandler](https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/providers/aws-ec2/src/main/java/org/jclouds/aws/ec2/xml/AWSDescribeInstancesResponseHandler.java) you will see how to do that. That class builds a [RunningInstance](https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/apis/ec2/src/main/java/org/jclouds/ec2/domain/RunningInstance.java) object and adds the tags to it. You could add them to the Image class in a very similar way.

Could you give it a try?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/55#issuecomment-20493774

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-160 - AWS EC2 - constant error malformed image: null - NPE (#55)

Posted by Brock Noland <no...@github.com>.
Hi,

I agree that would be useful and I'd love to help but unfortunately I am fully committed to other Apache projects. My motivation for this patch was simply to stop seeing the errors in my logs.

Brock

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/55#issuecomment-20493921

Re: [jclouds] JCLOUDS-160 - AWS EC2 - constant error malformed image: null - NPE (#55)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
Closed #55.

---

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.