Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "S.L" <si...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/29 05:14:18 UTC

Crawling multiple websites.

Hi All,

I am crawling multiple big websites for which I have the homepage as the
URL in the seed file. The problem I am facing is that one of the websites
is getting crawled at a faster pace than the rest of the websites and as a
result the indexed data contains a disproportionate number of entries for
this one website.

I suspect that this is happening because this website in question has
homepage with the maximum number of outlinks.

My questions is how can I control the behaviour of Nutch so as to crawl
every host/domain in a balanced way.

I am using Nutch 1.7

Thanks.

Re: Crawling multiple websites.

Posted by Zabini <an...@actimage.com>.
Hi,

You may find your solution in https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/OptimizingCrawls
with the fourth point.

Best Regard,
Zabini

Re: Crawling multiple websites.

Posted by "S.L" <si...@gmail.com>.
Thanks , Feng , but that not what we want though, you mean there is no
mechanism by which we can set a limit for  a host to fetch at each level
and put the rest in the queue so that we have a equal representation from
all hosts while the index is being built up ?

Posted by feng lu <am...@gmail.com>.
yes, that's right.

--
Don't Grow Old, Grow Up... :-)