Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "Neddy, NH. Nam" <na...@nd24.net> on 2012/06/16 06:29:08 UTC

ATS 3.2 CPU utilization

Hi,

I'm testing ATS 3.2 on fresh dual core computer, OpenIndiana 151a4 OS.
After started, CPU load is always at 2.37, 2.32, 2.32, neither idle
nor working.

# prstat

PID USERNAME  SIZE   RSS STATE  PRI NICE      TIME  CPU PROCESS/NLWP
 21338 nobody    244M   85M cpu0    54    0  10:21:45  20% traffic_server/21
 21335 root       13M 9260K sleep   59    0   0:01:48 0.1% traffic_manager/8

and

# truss -p 21338

part of output could be seen here: http://pastebin.com/ZRzMXBvi

Could somebody help to solve problem, please?

--
Best regards,
Hai Nam, Nguyen

RE: ATS 3.2 CPU utilization

Posted by Jacov Koren <Ja...@commtouch.com>.
Sorry, I accidentally entered this thread ...

Opened new one...

Posted by Jacov Koren <Ja...@commtouch.com>.

RE: ATS 3.2 CPU utilization

RE: ATS 3.2 CPU utilization

RE: ATS 3.2 CPU utilization

RE: ATS 3.2 CPU utilization

Re: ATS 3.2 CPU utilization

Posted by "Neddy, NH. Nam" <na...@nd24.net>.

Re: ATS 3.2 CPU utilization

Posted by "Neddy, NH. Nam" <na...@nd24.net>.

RE: ATS 3.2 CPU utilization

Posted by Jacov Koren <Ja...@commtouch.com>.
Is there a problem configuring ATS to support SSL connection on transparent mode ?

RE: ATS 3.2 CPU utilization

Posted by Jacov Koren <Ja...@commtouch.com>.
Is there a problem configuring ATS to support SSL connection on transparent mode ?

Re: ATS 3.2 CPU utilization

Posted by "Neddy, NH. Nam" <na...@nd24.net>.
Add dev

This is the longer output of truss
http://pastebin.com/7sA5qAfp

--
Best regards,
Hai Nam, Nguyen

Re: ATS 3.2 CPU utilization

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 16.07.2012 23:34, schrieb Leif Hedstrom:
> On 6/15/12 9:29 PM, Neddy, NH. Nam wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm testing ATS 3.2 on fresh dual core computer, OpenIndiana 151a4 OS.
>> After started, CPU load is always at 2.37, 2.32, 2.32, neither idle
>> nor working.
>
> Is this running under a VM or directly on bare metal?

here on a VMware ESXi 4.1 host it also consumes
around 1-2% CPU all the time (Fedora 16 x86_64)

but happily even with 1000 parallel requests the
2 vCPU virtual machine has not more than around
50% CPU load - so it is not really a problem

Re: ATS 3.2 CPU utilization

Posted by "Neddy, NH. Nam" <na...@nd24.net>.
It's running directly.

~Neddy,